What is Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)?
The eyelid (Blepharoplasty) skin with age loses elasticity and the muscles weaken. Eyelid Surgery in Lahore will lead to formation of folds in the upper lids and deepening and fat bags in lower lids.
What is Blepharoplasty Surgery?
Blepharoplasty surgery also known as eyelid reduction surgery is the surgery to reshape the eyelids. An upper eyelid blepharoplasty improves the vision and gives younger look by removing the extra skin. A lower eyelid blepharoplasty reduces wrinkles and eye bags.
Who are good candidates for Eyelid Reduction Surgery?
The following are some common reasons to consider eyelid surgery:
- You have excess skin blunting the natural upper eyelid fold
- Excess upper eyelid skin, impairing your vision
- Puffiness of upper eyelids, giving you sad and tired look.
- Skin and fine lower eyelid wrinkles
- Lower eyelids fat bags.
Book Appointment for Eyelid surgery in Lahore OR Eyelid surgery cost in Lahore:
What will happen before my eyelid surgery operation?
On your consultation the eyelid surgeon will take a detailed history, why you want surgery and what you want. And record any other medical disorders like thyroid disease, high blood pressure, diabetes or eye disorder (glaucoma) and any medications you are taking.
Then he will examine your eyes, face and quality of eyelid skin, and may take some photographs for medical records and for follow-up results.
How is the eyelid surgery performed?
- Eyelid reductions surgery can be carried out in local anaesthesia or general anaesthesia (according to patient comfort or combined with other procedures).
- First the eyelid surgeon makes incisions that follow the natural crease lines of eyelids – i.e. in the creases of the upper eyelids and just below the lashes in the lower lids which may extend laterally into one of the wrinkle line (crow’s feet) along the corner of eye.
- Through these incisions, extra fat, excess skins are removed and sagging muscle is tightened.
- If one has only baggy lower eyelids without extra skin, the fat can be removed through an incision from the inside of the lower eyelid.
- All the incisions are stitched up with very fine sutures that are removed on 5-7 days.
What are the main risks and complications of an eyelid reduction?
As with any procedure, there are some risks involved with an eyelid reduction surgery. Although the risks are unlikely, you can discuss each of them with your best plastic surgeon to understand the potential complications and its management.
Complications Associated with the Surgery:
- There will be surgery scars in eyelid crease lines. These will usually be red at first and then fade to become paler over 3-4 months.
- Swelling, bruising and pain
- Healing problems
- Change over Time:
- The result of an eyelid reduction surgery usually lasts for 5 to 10 years and can sometimes be permanent. However the appearance of eyelids will continue to change as a result of ageing and sun exposure. You may need more treatments in the future to maintain the results of blepharoplasty.
- Allergic reaction
What to expect after the Blepharoplasty Surgery Operation (Eyelid Surgery Cost in Lahore)?
Eyelid Or Blepharoplasty Surgery for the lower lid alone or both lower and upper lids are usually carried out under general anaesthetic, or in local anaesthetic with sedation. Eyelid reduction surgery for the upper lid alone is usually carried out under local anaesthetic. The procedure usually takes one or two hours.
- You may go home the same day, or stay overnight in hospital in case of general anaesthesia.
- Post-operative Simple painkillers should be enough to keep you comfortable.
It is common to have watering of eyes after the procedure, because of swelling under the conjunctiva. Your eyelid surgeon will prescribe you eye drops to help ease the feeling of grittiness. After surgery, the eyelids might feel a little tight to close because of the swelling and the skin removed. This tightness will subside as the swelling settles down.
The eyelid surgeon will apply Steri strips dressings to cover the suture line and support the eyelids. Eyelid surgeon may advise you some eye drops or ointment. Sleeping with head elevated up will help reduce swelling. Using cold compresses on eyelids for initial few days also help reduce bruising and swelling.
The stitches are usually removed after five to seven days, and may be able to use make-up soon after. You may be advised to use the steri strips to support the lower eyelids for a week or so.
You will be up and around on the same day as your eyelid surgery.
May have some spot of blood on steri strip from stitch line for a day or two after the operation. Dab this away gently with gauze. Avoid vigorous activities that increase the blood flow to face which may increase the chance of bleeding, in the first week post-operatively.
Sleep with extra pillows to keep your head raised to reduce swelling. You will be able to do light activities after one or two weeks.
You may need to take at least two weeks off work after the operation, till the swelling and bruising settles. And will return to normal daily activities and exercise after 6 weeks.
Book Appointment for Eyelid surgery in Lahore OR Eyelid surgery cost in Lahore:
Before and After Photos – Eyelid Surgery In Lahore
Eyelid Surgery Cost in Lahore:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Eyelid Surgery in Lahore:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Eyelid surgery cost in Pakistan:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Blepharoplasty Surgery cost in Lahore:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Frequently Asked Questions (Eyelid Surgery In Lahore) By Clients:
When will I see the results?
At first your eye skin may be swollen, will have some bruising, which can be hidden with make-up and dark glasses. It may take a few weeks for the swelling to settle, and final results may take few months to appear.
The scars may be pink for initial few weeks, but ultimately become pale and almost invisible. The scars may also feel tight after a few weeks, but this also settles after four to six months.
What aftercare is required after the procedure?
- Adopt healthy lifestyle, diet and exercise.
- Avoid vigorous activities for few weeks after your operation.
- Take care of your stitch line as advised.
- Maintain a healthy weight and exercise for long lasting results.
How to choose a surgeon for lid reduction surgery?
If you decide to have an eyelid reduction surgery, go to a eyelid surgeon who is properly trained plastic surgeon and Registered Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC). Only a trained plastic surgeon can guide about the possible procedure and how will you achieve the desired results.
How can I help to make my operation successful?
- Be as healthy as possible with a good diet and regular exercise. Your doctor will advise you to stop smoking and any herbal medications at least six weeks before the operation to reduce the risk of complications.
- Also avoid smoking after the surgery for few weeks to avoid complications for quick wound healing.
- Take a bath or shower before your operation to make sure that the area is as clean as possible.
- If you are taking blood thinners they should be stopped after consultation with the primary physician, keeping in view the risks and benefits.
What can be done for dark circles around the eyes and wrinkles (crow’s feet) at corner of eye?
Dark circles as a result of shadows due to bulging fat or bags can be treated with lower lid reduction surgery. If are due to pigmentation changes of eyelid skin than skin bleaching creams or light chemical peels may improve them.
For fine wrinkles at corner of eyes can be corrected with BOTOX which relax the muscles casing them.
What I will be prescribed following surgery?
Postoperative prescriptions include antibiotics, oral and ointment to place on the sutures and pain medication as needed. You will be advised to use ice pack for 24 hours after surgery.
Are there any dietary restrictions following surgery?
There are no dietary restrictions following the surgery, can take liquids to soft food to solids as tolerated. Please drink plenty of water to keep yourself well hydrated.
Is the result of eyelid reduction surgery long lasting?
Generally the results of a blepharoplasty are long lasting, only a few people need to repeat the procedure. Fat that has been removed will not come back. However with natural aging process, the skin can get looser and hang down.