What is Tummy Tuck Surgery or Abdominoplasty?
Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck Surgery Lahore is one of the most efficient way of body contouring specially after weight loss (due to diet and exercise or bariatric surgery) & several pregnancies (leading to hormonal changes and weight changes). In Tummy Tuck Surgery it tightens the lax abdominal muscle, removes extra skin and fat from abdominal wall
When combined with liposuction, it not only get rid of extra skin as well as fat from surrounding areas e.g. love handles, thighs and back.
The Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck Surgery Lahore is not a procedure for weight loss. It is basically aimed to reshape and contour the body. However it can still result in weight loss of about 5 to 10kgs. Typical duration of surgery is around 3 to 4 hours. While complete recovery takes around 3-4 weeks.
Tummy Tuck Surgery Lahore is performed under general anesthesia. Muscles of belly are tightened or repaired to give strength, tightness and shape to the belly. Excess sagging skin and fat is trimmed. After surgery abdominal binder is worn for few weeks. This surgery can be performed alone or can be combined with belt lipectomy, lower or upper body lift.
Types of Abdominoplasty:
There are two main types of Abdominoplasty:
- Mini Abdominoplasty: In this type of abdominoplasty, tummy tuck surgeon tighten the lower belly muscles and removes the excess skin and fats from the lower part of the abdomen. After this the skin is stitched & bell button is repositioned. It has a small scar in the C-section are
- Standard Abdominoplasty: In this type of abdominoplasty, tummy tuck surgeon tighten the belly muscles and removes the excess skin & fat from whole abdomen including above the belly button area. Belly button is either recreated or repositioned on the remaining skin flap. The scar extends from one hip bone to the other hip bone
Other types are:
- Extended abdominoplasty: In this type of tummy tuck, the excess skin & fat is removed from the abdomen, back and buttocks
- Lipoabdominoplasty: In this technique standard abdominoplasty is combined with extensive liposuction for better contouring and red-raping of the belly skin.
For Tummy Tuck Cost in Lahore Or Tummy Tuck Surgery Book an Appointment:
Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck Surgery Procedure:
- In tummy tuck process, the tummy tuck surgery makes a long incision from hipbone to hipbone just over the pubic area. A second slit is then made to free the navel from surrounding tissue.
- The tummy tuck surgeon then separates the skin from the abdominal wall and lifts a huge skin flap to expose the vertical muscles in your belly.
- The muscles are then pulled together and stitched so that they are tighter and become central. The lifted skin flap and the fatty tissue is then extended downwards and any spare tissue is removed.
The incision is closed and a new hole is made for the navel, drains may be placed for 24-48 hours and bandage done.
EXPECTATIONS AFTER ABDOMINOPLASTY:
- Make abdominal muscles tighter
- Removes excess fat and excess skin of belly
- Well-toned and well-contoured belly
- Refurbishment of self-confidence
- Getting Attractive look
- Ability to wear belly-fit clothes
- Improvement of stretch marks
Before and After Photos -Tummy Tuck Lahore:
Tummy Tuck Surgery:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Abdominoplasty:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Tummy Tuck Cost in Lahore:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Disclaimer:(*): Result may vary depends on individual
Frequently Asked Questions (Tummy Tuck Surgery Lahore) By Clients:
1. What to expect during your Tummy Tuck Surgeon consultation?
Dr. Ammara Rabbani a board certified plastic surgeon will take your detailed history, followed by thorough physical examination, discuss the treatment options to tailor the procedure according to your desires and goals for the tummy tuck surgery.
2. Who Is an Ideal Candidate for Tummy Tuck Surgery Lahore?
Both men and women are candidate for tummy tuck surgery who want to remove excess abdominal skin and fat due to
- Weight fluctuations
- Multiple Pregnancy
- The ideal candidates must be
- In good general health
- Within 25 pounds of their target weight.
- Static weight over last 6 months
- Not planning for future pregnancies
3. What happens during Tummy Tuck Surgery?
During tummy tuck surgery, the tummy tuck surgeon will remove the extra skin and fat from the abdomen and repair the lax abdominal muscles. Liposuction may be added to contour the abdomen and flanks if needed.
4. What should you expect after Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- After surgery, you will be wearing compression garment, which will be worn for 4-6 weeks which help give support and reducing swelling.
- The pain or discomfort, is managed with intravenous analgesia during hospital stay and with oral medications on discharge. Most patients are able to manage post-procedural pain or discomfort with just a few days of pain medications.
- You will be instructed to bend at the waist while standing or lying down for 7-10 days after surgery in order to protect the incision and to allow healing.
- After this time, you will be able to stand up straight. If a drain is placed, then it will be removed as soon as the output is low enough (usually in 2-3 days).
5. How is the recovery after Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- You can walk with support and in bend posture after recovery from anesthesia. The patient is encouraged to walk after surgery to improve blood circulation and minimize the risk of blood clots in the legs. However, running or lifting should be avoided for six weeks after the procedure.
- Patients typically return to work in approximately 3-4 weeks.
- The bruising will resolve in a 2-3 weeks, and the swelling will continue to diminish until approximately three months after the procedure.
- The scars will continue to heal and will become thinner and lighter at around 4-6 months.
6. What are the risks of Abdominoplasty?
As with any surgery:
- There is a minimal risk of bleeding and infection: taken care of with meticulous surgical technique
- In addition, there is a small risk of blood clots in the legs or lungs: advised early mobilization, compression garments, low dose of blood thinners and good hydration.
7. How long the Tummy Tuck results last?
With stable weight, tummy tuck results are static over long periods of time. But with weight fluctuations or pregnancy after tummy tuck surgery, the results may change.